Channels House - Level 2, 235 Ryrie St Geelong, Vic 3220
Phone: +61 3 5225 3500

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know when a cruise ship is visiting Geelong?

See our Shipping Movements page for a copy of the latest Cruise Ships schedule.

Where do Cruise Ships berth?

Cunningham Pier - Geelong.

Where do I get tidal information?

Tidal predictions are available via the Bureau of Meteorologys National Tide Centre web site at www.bom.gov.au/australia/tides. You can also check your local newspaper.

VRCA link to Tide & Weather

Wave information

The Victorian Ports Corporation (Melbourne) web site provides current wave data as recorded at the Point Lonsdale buoy.

Where do I get information about mooring a recreational vessel?

Please call Marine Safety Victoria on (03) 9655 3399 or visit their web site at www.marinesafety.com.au.

What number do I call for information about a navy ship in port?

The Royal Australian Navy is responsible for Navy ships in the port. Please contact Staff Officer, Maritime Operations on (03) 9282 5564.

How do I obtain a recreational boating license?

Please call Transport Safety Victoria on (03) 9655 3399 or visit their web site at www.transportsafety.vic.gov.au/maritime-safety